This is probably totally boring to write about, but I was pretty proud of myself the other night for whipping up a new laundry basket. We have a bunch of the JALL Laundry Bags from Ikea and they are all falling apart.
I guess that is what I get for trying to cram four people’s laundry into a $3.99 laundry basket, eh? Anyway, I was feeling so frustrated because of the large amounts of laundry and small amount of baskets left, so I used the frame from the JALL, an old fabric shower curtain and this is what came out:
I used the plastic from the original bag to cut a (very rough) pattern. Then I just sewed it together and sewed the bag right onto the frame with the machine. Figuring out how to sew around the frame without catching the bag took almost more brain power than I had available but somehow it worked out. Here is what it looks like:
It isn’t perfect, nor very pretty, but it sure is a lot more functional than before. I might try it again with the other bags we have and work with a bit more care to make it look more presentable.