Normally I am not nearly this organized, but instead of working on my big project, the kids and I made Valentines today. I figured it would be fun and they will likely need them for their classrooms at school come February. I must admit, recently I have thought about Valentines a bit more than is probably normal. I have wanted to use up some of my very small scraps of fabric that are too small to do anything with, so the idea of cutting hearts and glueing them to notecards seemed like a perfect solution.
I put some liquid watercolor paint in with the glue, just to make it a bit more like painting for the kids, and the three of us spent a nice evening working on our project. The cards were fairly glue heavy, but that was alright since we had a place to dry them.
Henry started out adding the hearts but ended up enjoying just painting the notecards with painty glue. I think they turned out pretty well, I plan to carve a “happy valentines day” stamp and have the kids (or at least Eleanor) sign their names on the back. Good thing I have a whole month to get that part done!